Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jesus is like a tea bag. . .

The other day, I was making tea for my girls and I decided to let them watch and as I put the tea bag in, I pointed out that the water instantly changed colors.

While I was doing this, my mind went to the Bible story in John 2 where Jesus turns water into wine. I don't know why my mind went there, but it did and I wondered what it was like to see Jesus turning water into wine. Did He turn it into red wine? Could the servants see the color spread throughout the pot?

And then I thought about how being saved is a lot like dipping the tea into the water. In an instant, you are changed and the longer you steep, the more your tea becomes like tea and the less it becomes like water. And when you're saved, you are instantly changed and nothing can change you back. Romans 8:38-39 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Now, I let my kids watch every time I make tea and I think about that miraculous change.

No comments:

Post a Comment