Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Avoiding Chemical Exposure

So far, I have been concentrating on what goes into my children's bodies - making sure everything that goes into their bodies is healthy, tasty, and HFCS, GMO, artificial sugar, artificial color, artificial flavors and preservative free - and I have not completely mastered that. The other day, I looked at the 2 kinds of popsicles in our freezer and 1 kind has Red 40 in it and the other has HFCS in it (*sadly shakes head*). So I fully intend to master this before I concentrate on any other huge hurdles.

Right now, most of the stuff we buy on a regular basis are foods as I am trying not to buy anything we don't need immediately to limit the amount of stuff we will have to move in September. So it makes more sense to me to concentrate on food items at this point.

We also have a lot of stuff stockpiled as far as personal care items. That having been said, I am always looking for more information to keep my family as healthy as possible. And today, in my newsletter from Franklin Goose, there was a blurb regarding chemicals in cosmetics and personal care items including a printable pocket guide that the Cosmetic Database compiled regarding what chemicals to avoid, etc. I have never seen anything like this before and honestly had not even considered the possible effects of the chemicals in our soaps, shampoos and body washes before. I plan on using this information in all my future shopping and also plan to use it to stock my new home with the healthiest possible personal care and cosmetic items. Its easy to forget that the chemicals that go on our bodies can affect our health just as profoundly as the chemicals that go into our bodies, but I am going to do my best not to overlook this in the future. And I hope this link can help you guys as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment