Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Morning Sickness and Liquid Chlorophyll Supplements

Someone in my due date club on Diaperswappers mentioned that their morning sickness was helped by taking liquid chlorophyll. Now, I don't have morning sickness to the extent of barfing, but I feel nauseated all day every day and its exhausting. I had been looking for something to help me out with energy naturally, so when I researched liquid chlorophyll after Willow pointed it out to me, I found that it does help boost energy in some people. So I decided to try it.

I ordered this organic liquid chlorophyll product from Vitacost.com, paid for the cheapest shipping option (to take 2-10 days) and got my products 2 days later. Not only have I felt less nauseated and felt like I had more energy, but I've also become more "regular", which isn't easy to do when you're pregnant. And I was amazed by the quick shipping.

It is NASTY by itself. I mix 1 tbsp of it in a glass of water with some agave nectar to sweeten it or I mix 1 tbsp into a cup of apple juice and all I can taste is the juice, although it is a bit disconcerting that it is green. I prefer the juice method, myself.

I will warn you that it is green and will stain if it is spilt. I have found that using a medicine cup helps this as 1 tbsp = 3 tsp and the medicine cup has room to spare above the 3 tsp line, which prevents overflow spillage. I also pour it over our stainless steel kitchen sink. I may order chlorophyll capsules next time to completely avoid the spillage issue. I will also warn you that your bowel movements will be green -- very, very green.

But I definately recommend this supplement for any of you suffering from morning sickness. It worked for me and several other ladies in my due date club, so its worth a try ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment