Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pizza Night, Salad Fever

We had our second pizza night last night and it was a success again. Kinda. This time, we had olives, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, pepperoni, ham, italian sausage and tomatoes. We doled out a portion of the desired toppings to the girls and they put them on their pizzas.

Addy made a pepperoni smiley face on her pizza and put olives in the middle of her pepperonis. Evie had pepperoni, onions, olives, ham and italian sausage. Joey had pepperoni, ham, italian sausage, olives mushrooms and onions. I had onions and jalapenos because I've been craving Boboli pizza with onions and jalapenos.

Evie ate half of her toppings off her pizza while Joey and I were putting toppings on ours. Immediately after the pizzas were put in the oven, she informed us that onions were "YLUCKH". Its her new favorite word. We tried to explain to her that she maybe should have left them off her pizza if she didn't like them, but then we just left it alone, figuring if we didn't highlight the onions on her pizza, she'd forget about them. Which she did.

Joey, Addy, and Evie did great eating their pizzas and Izzy got her own piece (a piece of Evie's with pepperoni and onions and olives on it) this week instead of just having the crust. We've (well, I've) been worried about how cheese will affect her since it seems to stop up some of us and not stop up others, but she had her normal BMs today, and since she ate her pizza slice from the toppings down (toppings, cheese then crust), I know she got all the cheese there was to have on that pizza. So cheese in moderation doesn't seem to affect her badly, which is a relief to me. Constipated babies are not happy babies and we like happy babies.

I on the other hand couldn't eat a bite of my pizza. But I ate well regardless. Since no one ate tomatoes on their pizza and there were leftover mushrooms and onions, we made a salad while the pizza was cooking. It had shredded mexican cheese, tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, sliced onions, sliced olives, and romaine lettuce. The girls complained that they didn't want mushrooms or onions in their salads (including the use of Evie's signature "YLUCKH"), but we informed them that they got to custom make their pizza on pizza night, but not their salads and they could either eat it or not eat it. We gave them their salads while the pizzas were baking and they ate them without complaint, which was nice. I had a huge salad myself, which is good because apparently the bean is not a fan of pizza at the moment :( Which is a bummer for me because I *really* like pizza.

Overall, it was a great dinner. The girls had fun making their pizzas and we all had fun cooking and eating together. I'm glad we're making it a weekly event and I'm hoping each week's pizza night just gets better and better and that the girls and I will be able to hold on to memories of these fun times with daddy while he's in basic. He ships out May 9th, so that is constantly on my mind these days. But we keep on going regardless because what else can you do? If I let it paralyze me, I'll miss out on the good times, like pizza nights. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment