Sunday, April 18, 2010

Non-Green Smoothie Recipe #1 (lactose free version)

I made non-green green smoothies for the girls for snack yesterday and they were a hit. Pretty much.

I didn't follow a recipe, just threw stuff in, but I'll try to guestimate.

I used about 1/2 cup of water and a big handful of spinach (it filled up my blender), blended on "liquify" setting until it liquified, then I added a banana, 7 fresh strawberries, about 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and blackberries, about 1/2 cup of frozen peach slices, and some honey and blended until smoothe. It was a dark purple color (which I told the girls was from the combo of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries). They all liked it. Except Evie kept picking out the scratchy parts of the blackberries. So now I'm thinking its a texture thing, like the same texture as broccoli, which she won't eat. Also, she likes me to "feed" her like I "feed" Izzy (hold the straw for her). Its an attention thing.

Today, I'm going to try the yogurt, milk, peaches and spinach and honey and see if they will drink a green green smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment