Sunday, April 10, 2011

The best darn buffalo chicken dip recipe EVER

I developed a taste for buffalo chicken dip when I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter, Evie. We went to a family friend's child's birthday party and her neighbor had brought buffalo chicken dip. I was hooked.

When I'm pregnant, I generally crave foods I've eaten before, so when I got pregnant with my 3rd daughter, Izzy, I craved buffalo chicken dip. But I didn't know how to make it.

I suffered through that pregnancy, craving buffalo chicken dip and when I got pregnant with my 4th daughter, Rory, it started all over again. But this time, my friend, Rebecca hooked me up with a crock pot buffalo chicken dip recipe that was pretty good. Not to be undone, my sister, Joanna, who is ALWAYS finding better recipes than mine (and I love her for it because then I can steal the better recipes LOL) started making buffalo chicken dip.

We moved in with her in February and I think I've eaten buffalo chicken dip 3-4 times a week since we moved in. So far, she has always made it. A couple days ago, I convinced her to tell me the recipe and today, I made it myself. While waiting for it to bake, I decided to type this up so I won't ever be able to lose it and so others can benefit from it. Here is the recipe. Use with caution. It is extremely addictive.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breast (about 3 breasts), cooked and shredded
about 6 ounces of shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
3 TBSP sour cream
3/8 cup hot sauce (Louisiana brand recommended or Frank's in a pinch, but NEVER use Tobasco. I love Tobasco sauce and its great in chili, but just doesn't work in this recipe. At ALL.)
1.5 tbsp Sriracha (oriental hot sauce)
tortilla chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray 9 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
3. Combine all ingredients except chips.
4. Put in pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
6. Broil for 5 minutes.
7. Enjoy.
8. Repeat.

Its a vicious cycle. Its like that Lambchops song that never ends. Start the cycle at your own risk ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment