Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Children Keep Me Healthy

My children keep me healthy. Yeah, you read that right. . . But I can see how that is confusing. I frequently hear people complaining about their kids bringing home every bug imaginable. And believe me, mine do that, too. Everything from lice to colds has made its way into my home, courtesy of my children.

So I bet you're wondering how my kids keep me healthy. . . I think it all boils down to the fact that they make me care about what I put in my body. You wouldn't put regular fuel into a diesel engine (well, not if you cared about that engine). And yet so many of us put the wrong fuel into our bodies without giving it a second thought -- and believe me, I have been guilty of that on many occasions. I have also been guilty of not eating enough in order to lose weight and struggled with eating disorders in high school. And honestly, if you were to remove the influence of my children from my life, at this point I am confident that I would live off of buffalo chicken dip, cereal and fries with the occasional salad when the mood struck. But because I care what goes into my children's bodies and because I want to be a good example for them, I pay attention to what goes into my body and I eat veggies and fruit and drink water and avoid HFCS, artificial colors and other additives and do my best to be healthy because my kids don't need a supermodel or a sumo wrestler for a mom. They need me to be healthy and happy and they need to be healthy and happy, too.

I read a quote once that said the best way to show your child the right path is to walk down it and that is how I try to live my life.

So a big thanks to my 4 beautiful girls who keep Mommy healthy. Its important.

No comments:

Post a Comment