Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beth, this blog's for you :)

Happy birthday, Beth. I am very happy that you reminded me to blog as its something that constantly slips my mind. I am flattered that you like to read it so much you would ask me to blog on your birthday, so here I am. . . 24 minutes of your birthday remaining. I hope you got your license.

Did you know that I didn't get my license until I was 18. Actually, I was almost 19, had already graduated high school. It was the May or June before the September I turned 19. I was SOOOO not ready. I hope if you got your license that you are ready. And don't drive when you're mad. Pull off the road and scream or slam the door or do whatever it takes to stop being mad, but don't drive mad. That's how my mom's explorer died. Sorry Mom.

If I was to give you a piece of advice for your birthday, Beth, it would be this: Live purposefully. I know that sounds simple and maybe even silly, but I regret the time I wasted coasting through life. Not that I'm saying you coast through life, but if you do, don't ;). Think about what you are doing. Research before you make decisions. Live a life that you will not regret when you are older. Learn about yourself, your likes and dislikes, your strengths and weaknesses. Love yourself so that you can better love others. Even though the world does not consider you to be an adult yet, your present determines the path your future takes. I hope you have had a fantastic birthday and I pray you have many wonderful future birthdays ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment