Saturday, June 25, 2011

Father's Day PSA

First of all, I hope all the great dads out there had a fantastic Father's Day because they deserved it -- they are priceless and there aren't enough of them to go around. Case in point, my kids are missing one. . .

I especially hope my father, my FIL and my BIL (my children's "uncle-daddy") had a fantastic father's day and that they know how much I and my children love them and thank God for them.

Also, I hope all the single moms out there who serve as both mom and dad for their kids and do a fantastic job in both capacities had a great father's day and felt special and important, not just regretful that their kids don't have a good father in their lives. ♥

That having been said, my Father's Day PSA (Public Service Announcement, and yes, I did just have to look that up because I had NO IDEA what PSA stood for and I don't like to post acronyms when I don't know what they mean even if I've seen them used in the same context before) is this: Father's Day is a day set aside for children to honor their fathers for the positive impact they have on their lives, to thank and celebrate their fathers, NOT a day for deadbeat sperm donors to demand attention and undeserved accolades. If you are a father who abandoned your kids and don't make any effort to speak to them or spend time with them on a regular basis, its pretty rude to call and leave a message requesting to speak to your children "after all, its father's day" and you probably won't get a call back. Grow up and be a FATHER or give up on being celebrated on FATHER'S DAY. Just sayin'. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment