Monday, February 28, 2011

Pancake Success!!!

After a 2 day absence (sorry about that, I was moving then tired from moving), I am happy to be back blogging and am double happy to report pancake success!!!

I found a pancake recipe here that I doctored so I would love it. I added a tablespoon of sugar to the dry ingredients and a tablespoon (splash LOL) of vanilla to the liquids. I let it sit for a minute, as I would do with my Aunt Jemima mix then poured slightly under 1/2 cup of batter on a preheated griddle (preheated to 350 degrees), let cook on one side and flipped once then let cook on the other side. DO NOT press down with the spatula or you will end up with flat pancakes instead of fluffy ones. This recipe made 1 pankcake with nothing in it for my nephew then split the batter into 2 bowls -- one for banana pancakes (made 6) and 1 for chocolate chip (also made 6), so total this recipe made 13 pancakes. It was a great success. And if you knew how long I've been addicted to Aunt Jemima and unable to find a pancake recipe that I could tolerate compared to my premade pancake love, you would know just how happy I am to have found this recipe! And if you look here , there are directions for how to premake this pancake mix. Its really easy and should cut down on morning breakfast making time. I will have to let you know how much time it cuts out when I get a chance to try premaking it.

Happy breakfasts to you until we meet again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment