Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe

Courtesy of Under 1000 Per Month,

Heat on the stove or in the microwave

1 cup milk

Add

1 TSP vanilla
2 TSPs cocoa powder
2 TBSPs sugar

I also found a couple other recipes for homemade hot chocolate on Natural Moms Talk radio blog that uses essentially the same ingredients just in different proportions than this recipe (1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup sugar, a dash of sea salt and 1 tsp vanilla to 4 cups of milk). It also calls for about 1/2 a cup of water. You heat the water in a saucepan then add the other ingredients.

So when I finish the box of Swiss Miss mix I just got at the store, I'm going to try both of these recipes and see which one my family and I prefer. I'll just have to pick up some mini marshmallows first. Or figure out a recipe for that. . . ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment